BIDDY BOOST CALLOUT
TO APPLY to participate in the BIDDY BOOST research and production group please email email@example.com by
FRIDAY 12th AUGUST telling us about yourself, your training and art practice and why you feel taking part in the group will be helpful to you.
Please include links to your website and social media. If you do not have an up to date online presence as an artist please send us pictures and descriptions of two recent works.
We will let you know by email on Wednesday 17th August if you have been accepted for this group. The maximum group size will be 12.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW
AND APPLY AT THIS STAGE ONLY IF YOU CAN ATTEND THE AUGUST MEETING
THE FIRST BIDDY BOOST MEETING IS ON
Wednesday 31st August 2022 10.30 - 4
West Oxford Community Centre, Botley Road, Oxford OX2 0BT
It is easily reached from the centre by bus or on foot. There is off road parking at the venue with full disabled access.
Cost of the day, including lunch is £45 *
We will ensure welcome and equality of voice & honour differences in experience informed by race, sexuality, disability.
PROGRAMME FOR THE DAY
- Project curators Clare Carswell and Peta Lloyd will introduce the BIDDY project that supports and showcases the work of older women artists, showing work from the first BIDDY event held in May at Fringe Arts Bath.
- Guest artist Denise Bryan will speak about her work and her experience of being an older artist.
- You will be invited to share two pieces of your own work and to introduce your visual arts practice in small groups.
- We will identify the themes that preoccupy us in a space of trust and seek to understand the benefits and challenges, of being an older artist and any perceived barriers to making and showing work as we age.
- We will share ideas on what support would be most helpful to us as we go forward individually and as a group e.g. topics for discussion related to age and art practice, opportunities to seek or make, artists we wish to meet, skill sharing or training needs (e.g. website & social media), ideas for collaborative working and for growing our networks.
- We will invite ideas from artists for future BIDDY exhibitions and performance events, and we will together draw up a meeting and production plan to meet regularly to support each other as we develop our practice and work towards a touring exhibition and events in spring/summer 2023.
* This artist led project has no funding yet but we don’t want this to stop us getting the project launched and events planned and in production whilst we make funding applications. We both donate our time for planning, administration, marketing & publicity. When we charge a participation fee for a session it is to pay for costs like space hire, fee for speakers, lunch, coffee and tea for attendees. Remaining funds are put into the BIDDY fund towards costs of future events, print & publicity costs etc.